Friday, November 5, 2010

leo lionni

I found similarities between leo lionni's writing and my own life.  I often find myself collecting objects not because I plan on using them but because I find them to be visually pleasing or interesting.  Ever since I was little I would work in the garage taking things apart, seeing how they work, and then I would either try to make them better or keep them apart so I could use the parts later.  Normally I would just keep the parts I thought were interesting and toss the rest.

We also share an innate urge to create.  During elementary school I would use Microsoft Paint to create things like business cards, id cards, and other miscellaneous things.  My mom started scrap booking around the time I was in middle school and this is when I started using paper to create analog compositions.  During this time I didn't realize that I was doing simple design work.  I just thought it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment