Thursday, January 31, 2013

Career Goals & Strategy

Career Goals:
I want to work at a firm that allows for formal exploration, analog work, and printed goods. I don't want to create apps or commercial greeting cards. Another aspect I would like for my eventual career to hold is the ability to use humor on a fairly regular basis. My eventual goal in life is to have my own design studio with a shop and a connected restaurant. The studio would focus on creating handmade objects to be sold in the shop. 

Strategy:
Right now, I'm planning on getting a job after graduation that fulfills my love of analog and humor. Hopefully while at this firm I'll be able to learn enough of the business side of the industry that I will eventually be able to open my dream studio ever so many years down the line. This initial job will get me acclimated to the design working force. I also plan on traveling to learn and work even more from different places. 

1 comment: