Wednesday, March 6, 2013

wk 6: process experimentation & printing fun

After picking out concepts last week for how to tell the stories, this week I focused on the process in which I plan to make these album covers. Specifically looking at how the transparencies look when overlaid and how to bring them from being black & white laser prints to colorized layers.

Down in the Bottom
For Down in the Bottom I printed off my elements in a wide variety of sizes and then created the collage by hand and taping the pieces down. After this I scanned the collage as a whole image and as the individual pieces. I colorized these pieces, printed them off on separate transparencies, and scanned them all together again. 






Death Letter Blues
Trying a similar process but with more serendipitous play I printed off my elements and then rescanned them back in at 800 dpi to get the dot matrix print pattern. I once again colorized these layers, but when I created the collage this time instead of knowing exactly where everything touched I placed the image in the frame and moved it till it felt "right" in the frame. After this I turn off the layer so I couldn't see it anymore and then repeated the process ten more times. I printed the layers off one by one and didn't see how the elements interacted until i overlaid the transparencies.







No comments:

Post a Comment