Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More Covers!

The aesthetic of my previous covers have stood out from the rest of my book because the computer generated graphics are too crisp to be paired along side the vintage photos.  Jumping from this point I decided to take more inspiration from the vintage circus posters than just their color palettes. Tying this book together means having a cover that is as vintage looking as an original circus poster.



My first version of this concept was still too digital so I quickly moved on to a new graphic. 

Having the clown positioned like this made more space to play around with the
type but caused to clown to look cramped at the bottom.

Moving the clown up created interesting negative space. The type ending at
the tip of the hat causes a weird space on the right side.

The larger type is aesthetically closer to vintage circus posters and takes care of
the awkward space found in the previous version.

No comments:

Post a Comment