Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spectacle! Weaknesses

An area of weakness within my book, Spectacle!, could be my left pages all of which contain only one photo and a colored space around them.


One way of changing this would be to have more than one color square. Each spread would use two colors out of a possible three. I also shrunk down each image on the left page so that the border would have a consistent minimum space.



Using bands instead of squares.



After working up a sequence of using the squares and the bands I lowered the opacity of the colors so that they wouldn't compete with the focus for the main image.














After working and tweaking around with the left page I have found my book to be a lot more cohesive while it better portrays the qualities of a circus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment