Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Corn Syrup!

After a small group critique on my letters made from Dot Candy, I went back to the third variation I had created and started to tweak it.  I made the letters more consistent and I started to add personality to them by adding three dot slabs to them.  Two sets on the uppercases and one set on the lower.

I started this process by first designing the letters in illustrator. The red dots denote the x-height.

After finishing the initial designing process I moved on to photographing the letters. For this I used a tripod and grid for consistency. The photos were edited in photoshop so the grid wouldn't show. 



After all of the letters were complete I used photoshop to put them together to create my words. My words are Sticky, multicolored, and Corn Syrup.





No comments:

Post a Comment