Thursday, September 9, 2010

These Dots Don't Have It Easy

Today has been spent working on the templates for my dot book, The Ecumenopolis. I have been creating my templates in Illustrator which has been very helpful in the process. The ability to move and resize dots quickly is great for the designing process. The thin strokes that outline dots allow me to easily see how overlapping would look and I was able to take advantage of this to create a sense of depth. Using multiple shades of grey also allowed me to envision the way I could contrast images in the book I create by hand.




Congestion


Violence


Deterioration


Inequality

1 comment:

  1. Drawing a comparison to where you ended up, these computer generated compositions are quite flat. Working analog brought your work to an entirely new level. Remember this lessen even when the final artifact is digital!

    ReplyDelete